The Australian Institute of Management in Western Australia and The West Australian’s WestBusiness are pleased to announce the 2017 WA Business Leader of the Year Award Winner was Mr Adrian Fini OAM, Director, FJM Property.
This Award recognises a leader who has made an outstanding contribution to business in Western Australia in recent times.
How the winner is chosen
An eminent panel has been selected to consider the most outstanding WA business leaders. The panel nominated, shortlisted and deliberated on candidates before making a final decision.
The 2017 WA Business Leader of the Year Award nomination and selection panel is:
|Hon||Mathias||Cormann||Minister for Finance; Deputy Leader of the Government in the Senate|
|Ms||Nicola||Forrest||Chief Executive Officer||Minderoo Foundation|
|Dr||Alison||Gaines||Global Practice Leader, Board Consulting||Gerard Daniels|
|Emeritus Prof||Gary||Martin||Chief Executive Officer||AIM WA|
|Mr||Brett||McCarthy||Editor||The West Australian|
|Dr||Ken||Michael AC||Former Governor of Western Australia|
|Mr||Nev||Power||Chief Executive Officer||Fortescue Metals Group|
|Mr||Ryan||Stokes||Chief Executive Officer||Australian Capital Equity|
The winner will be recognised by his/her peers as an outstanding leader in the business community and will be able to demonstrate excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Significant organisational growth, greater reach, improved financial performance or impact,
- Positive individual impact and influence on the wider community,
- A high degree of achievement of a major turnaround in the performance of their organisation,
- Introduction of an innovation that has significantly changed their industry, and/or
- Successful launch of new products or new markets domestically or offshore.
The recipient of the WA Business Leader of the Year Award must:
- Have resided in Western Australia for the majority of the year under review.
- Be a board chair, board member, chief executive, managing director, director general, director or in a similar role, and typically have direct responsibility for their whole organisation.
The recipient of this Award will receive a $10,000 cash prize to donate to a charity of their choice*, and an engraved Pinnacle trophy.
*Refer to the Eligibility Criteria and Terms and Conditions.